Compact & flexible design for multiple applications
5600-8-DT device servers can conveniently and transparently
connect 8 serial devices to an Ethernet, allowing you to
network your existing serial devices, but with only basic
configuration required. You can both centralize management
of your serial devices,
and distribute management hosts over the network.
NPort 5600-8-DT device servers have a smaller form factor
compared to our 19" models, making the
NPort 5600-8-DT servers the best choice for applications
that need additional serial ports, but for which mounting
rails are not available. .
8 ports supporting RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 operation
Compact desktop size
Auto-detecting 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
15 KV ESD surge protection for all serial signals
Easy IP address configuration with LCM (Liquid Crystal Module)
Configuration by web console, Telnet console, and more
TCP Server, TCP Client, UDP, and Real COM operation modes
Supports SNMP MIB-II for network management
Configurable voice alarm for exceptions
• Convenient Power Inputs The NPort 5650-8-DT device servers support both a power terminal block and power jack for ease of use and greater flexibility. Users can connect the terminal block directly to a DC power source, or use the power jack to connect to an AC circuit through an adaptor.
• Two Ethernet ports for convenient cascade-style wiring The NPort 5600-8-DT device servers come with two Ethernet ports that can be used as Ethernet switch ports. Connect one port to the network or server, and the other port to another Ethernet device. The dual Ethernet ports eliminate the need to connect each device to a separate Ethernet switch, reducing wiring costs.
• Flexible Mounting Design The
NPort 5600-8-DT servers can be placed on a desktop, and
are also DIN-rail mountable and wall
mountable. In addition, a DIN-rail Kit
can be attached to the NPort 5600-8-DT's bottom panel
to save space on the
and the NPort 5600-8-DT servers are small enough to to
fit comfortably in smaller sized cabinets.
• Convenient design for RS-485 applications
NPort 5650-8-DT device servers support selectable 1 KΩ
and 150 KΩ pull high/low resistors, and a 120Ω terminator.
In some critical environments, termination resistors
may be needed to prevent the reflection of serial signals.
When using termination resistors, it is also important
to set the pull high/low resistors correctly so that
the electrical signal is not corrupted. Since no set
of resistor values is universally compatible with all
environments, the NPort 5600-8-DT device servers use
DIP switches to allow users to adjust termination and
high/low resistor values manually for each serial port.
• Automatic warning function by speaker and/or e-mail The built-in speakers can be used to alert administrators of problems with the Ethernet links or power input. The web console indicates which Ethernet link or power input has failed. An e-mail warning can also be issued when an exception is detected. These functions are valuable tools that enable maintenance engineers to react promptly to emergency situations.