QNX Built-in Serial Driver Installation Guide
for Moxa 4 Ports ISA Multiport Board
Applicable Products: A104, C104+,
C104P, C104H, C104HS, C114P, C114HI, CI-134, CI-134I,
CI-134IS, CI-104J, CI-104JS.
This document intends to support Moxa 4-port board, such as C104P, to
run under QNX system.
For A104, C104+ and C114P users, please ignore step 2, 3, 4, 6, 7.
- Short JP1 of C104P, plug it into PC and power on this PC under DOS environment.
- Execute ¡§IO-IRQ.EXE¡¨ to change its configuration.
- Input ¡§A700¡¨ as CAP address to enter the
- Find out available resource for I/O address, IRQ, and INT vector as the configurations,
now we assume the configurations are listed as below.
280, 288, 290, 298
Speed: all to normal (maximum speed
is up to 115.2 Kbps)
IRQ: all to 5 (4 ports share the
INT vector: (None)
- Press ¡§F10¡¨ to save this configuration
and quit ¡§IO-IRQ.EXE¡¨.
- Power off PC, set JP1 open and prepare to install C104P under QNX system.
Driver and System Configuration:
Start QNX system.
&¡¨, in this
file. Please refer to the following instruction to modify it. (recommend to backup the
sysinit.1 before modifying it)
- Modify QNX configuration file: /etc/config/sysinit.1, you will see the
Reboot QNX system to finish the installation procedure, the 4 ports of the C104P will
work properly under the QNX. 4 more serial ports will be added into the system
automatically as below:
Modified: Dev.ser 3f8,4
2f8,3 280,5 288,5 290,5 298,5 &
/dev/ser4, /dev/ser5, /dev/ser6
(/dev/ser1 is standard COM1,
/dev/ser2 is standard COM2)
User can input "use Dev.ser" at command prompt to get more information.
- User can refer above installation procedure to install other Moxa Non-intelligent
MOXA Technologies Col, Ltd. Multiport Async
Communication Technical Support Team
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://www.moxa.com