Upgrading IP CCTV Surveillance for Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
Location / Country :
The Metrorail in Washington, D.C.,provides reliable transit service for 700,000 customers a day. The system is the second busiest in the United States, and is very efficient since it is possible to travel between any two of 86 stations with at most one transfer.
The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) needed to upgrade each of its subway cars to IP-based video with audio surveillance. In total, 175 subway cars would need five cameras per car. The cameras must be able to operate in subzero temperatures since the cars could be stored overnight in dark cold tunnels at temperatures as low as -25°C.
• Support operating temperatures as low as -25°C
• Integrated audio for recording
• PoE 802.3af for low power consumption and ease of installation
• Industrial design with strong manufacturer support and warranty
• T1, -25 to 55°C operating temperature and built-in audio support provide reliable operation in cold, dark tunnels (T model available to support TX temperatures, -40 to 70°C)
• Camera with integrated microphone means asthetically pleasing design with lower installation cost when compared to installing a separate microphone
• Audio and video transmission feeds are recorded into the Milestone VMS onboard video software solution
• Mega-pixel high resolution image provides outstanding image quality in the recorded image
• EN 50155 compliance
• 5-year warranty