Upgrading to an Efficient Mine CCTV System in Kelanis, Indonesia
Location / Country :
The Kelanis mining site, located in Central Kalimantan Province, Indonesia, close to the Barito River, is one of the most important production sites for Adaro in Indonesia. Operations at the site include exploratory drilling, coal mining, stockpiling, and then transporting the coal along the river on barges. In order to achieve better control and higher security over their operation, Adaro initiated a project to install an industrial-grade, rugged IP CCTV system.
• Field site devices must be able to operate without a fan in a high temperature, dust-filled, outdoor environment
• Since the site extends over a wide area, products must have a long MTBF and rugged design to reduce the amount of maintenance effort required
• A third party VMS is required since the new installation must be compatible with the existing CCTV system
• Moxa’s IP cameras can function in an operating temperature range from -40 to 75°C without heater or cooling fan
• Compared to commercial IP cameras, the rugged and fanless design ensures a lower failure rate when used outdoors, and reduces maintenance costs