Marine Computers for Ocean Surface Oil Spill Detection System
Location / Country :
Increasing demand for greater environmental protection is promoting the importance of oil spill detection (OSD) systems. The heart of an oil spill detection system is the main processing unit, the place where raw information from the radar is collated with information received from navigation devices such as GPS, the gyrocompass, the speed log, and AIS. All information must be received over NMEA 0183 interfaces, and then processed in real time for immediate display. Due to the massive amount of highly varied real-time data that will be received, the OSD processing units require high performance CPUs capable of handling a heavy data load, that will reliably serve in a wide variety of extreme temperatures, humidity, and other environmental conditions.
• DNV-certified computer compliant with the ECDIS, IEC 61174, and IEC 60945 standards,
• Custom designs backed by solid, extensive expertise
• High performance computing that easily renders data-intensive graphic applications
• Native NMEA connectors for durable and efficient marine deployments
• Dependable computer quality with outstanding after-sale service
Moxa marine computers are powered by the latest 3rd generation Intel® i3 / i5 Core™ processors and deliver a full range of I/O connectivity with three SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports, four serial ports, four Gigabit Ethernet ports, six USB 2.0 ports, and up to eight NMEA 0183 ports. These marine computers are designed for performance, to give a new level of flexibility and control in marine applications.
Moxa’s MC computers are also durable, featuring rugged, fanless enclosures with vibration tolerance up to 1 G, providing steady and reliable operations in a wide variety of harsh environments and conditions. The compact size and low power consumption of these marine computers are important elements in their low thermal profile, and taken together significantly simplify any bridge installation.
• Integrated IEC 61162-2 type-approved NMEA 0183 terminal interface
• DNV, IEC 60945 type-approved marine computer
• High performance, fanless, heat-tolerant enclosure
• Reliable components with an industry-leading MTBF
• Fast turnaround on service response and component repair
See the whole stories of marine technical case studies
Learn more about Moxa’s ECDIS Navigation System technical case study here:
Learn more about Moxa’s Deep Well Pump System technical case study here:
Learn more about Moxa’s marine Oil Spill Detection System technical case study here:
Learn more about Moxa’s marine Dynamic Positioning System technical case study here: