For subsea control applications, a lot of effort is required to install industry-specific cables under the sea. In this project, the number one requirement is to leverage the existing infrastructure to reduce costs and time spent installing cables. In addition, oil and gas environments are extremely hazardous due to the high pressures the products are subjected to, so the installation has to be quick and must support remote management and diagnosis.
- Utilize existing industry-specific wires that have been deployed under the sea to lower the risk of damaging cables
- Reliable operation in harsh environments
- Easy installation, diagnosis, and management
To upgrade their existing systems to IP-based networks, the application uses Moxa’s IEX-402 Ethernet extenders, which support Ethernet extension over twisted-pair copper wiring, allowing users to leverage existing industry-specific cables. The IEX-402 Series has a number of features that make it deal for installation in industrial applications including a DIN-rail mount, the ability to operate in temperatures ranging from-40 to 75°C, and dual power inputs. The IEX Ethernet extenders are easy to install and maintain and include features such as an automatic CO/CPE negotiation that enables plug and play functionality. In addition, the IEX Series has LED indicators that help simplify on-site troubleshooting.
- The IEX-402 Series allows users to extend Ethernet over existing industry-specific cables
- -40 to 75°C wide operating temperature range and rugged design for harsh environments
- Easy installation with auto CO/CPE negotiation