Features and Benefits
- Transmits up to 2 km over optical fiber
- Converts CAN signals to fiber and fiber to CAN signals
- Baudrate up to 1 Mbps
- Dual power inputs for redundancy
- DIP switch for 120 ohm terminal resistance
- DIP switch for fiber test mode
- LEDs for Fiber TX, Fiber RX, Power 1, Power 2
- Wide temperature model available for -40 to 85°C environments
- Fully compatible with the ISO 11898 standard
The ICF-1170I series CAN-to-fiber converters are used to convert CAN signals from copper to optical fiber. The converters come with 2 kV optical isolation for the CANbus system and dual power inputs with alarm contact relay to ensure that your CANbus system will remain online.
Fiber Test Mode
Fiber Test Mode can be used to test the fiber cable between two ICF-1170I units, and provides a simple way to determine if the fiber cable is transmitting data correctly. When in Fiber Test Mode, the fiber transceiver (TX) will continuously send out a data signal and the “Fiber TX” LED will light up. On the other side of the connection, when the ICF-1170I fiber transceiver (RX) receives the data signal form the TX side, the “Fiber RX” LED will light up.
To request a quote, indicate which items you are interested
in below and click "Get a Quote".