When the monitoring system along a key harbor corridor in a major American city needed updating, the system manager decided to use existing copper wiring to transmit data over significantly longer distances. As this project needed to integrate more systems into one network, serial networks were no longer sufficient to support the expanded network, which is why an industrial Ethernet technology over copper wires via a DSL was required to support more bandwidth over longer distances. In addition, VPN connections and firewall protection were required to ensure network safety and data integrity.
- Use existing copper wires to carry data over several kilometers, using DSL technology
- VPN connection and firewall protection to secure remote access and protect signal control and video data
- IEX-402 DSL extenders support point-to-point (P2P) over long distances through existing copper wires
- Easy installation with auto CO/CPE negotiation
- EDR-810 secure routers support both VPN connections and firewall protection to protect intersection controllers and videos on the countywide Internet
- Moxa provides industrial reliability Ethernet extender with LED indicators for easy maintenance
- Moxa provides a cost-effective router which the make the firewall and VPN all-in-one