Securing Gas Transfer Stations Against Cyber Attacks
Location / Country :
Large gas pipelines are highly volatile and span thousands of kilometers, necessitating the installation of secure remote systems that protect them from cyber attacks. In this project, the gas transfer stations along the pipeline are equipped with gas analyzers and PLCs, and communicate site data to a remote SCADA. To ensure local security and remote data authenticity, Moxa’s EDR-G903, a Gigabit performance industrial secure router, was used to link transfer stations to the central SCADA via VPN secure tunnels. As a Firewall/NAT/VPN all-in-one router, the EDR-G903 not only shields devices on the internal LAN from unauthorized access, but also maintains strongly secure communications across public networks.
• Centralization of remote monitoring, control, and management of gas transfer stations
• Secure remote monitoring with strong authentication, encryption, and integrity protections
• Strong firewall protections for secure access controls on the internal network
• A rugged, industrial design capable of functioning normally in harsh environmental conditions
See the large image.
• Gigabit, high performance with ample bandwidth over copper and fiber combo ports
• Dual WAN port redundancy for increased reliability over public networks
• All-in-one Firewall/NAT/VPN router with simple and intuitive configuration
• Industrial-grade design with operating temperatures from -40 to 75°C
- EDS-508A 8-port Managed Ethernet Switch
- EDR-G903 Industrial Firewall/NAT/VPN Secure Router