Features and Benefits
- Acquire data from edge to cloud efficiently and easily
- Enable edge intelligence for a smarter Industrial IoT field site
- Manage and access your assets anywhere, anytime
- ThingsPro Gateway: An intelligent Industrial IoT gateway platform
- ThingsPro Server: A centralized device management platform
To help you accelerate development of your industrial IoT applications and create a smarter field site, Moxa’s ThingsPro software solution offers two versatile software packages: ThingsPro Gateway, an intelligent industrial IoT gateway, and ThingsPro Server, a centralized device management platform. ThingsPro enables Modbus connectivity for data acquisition and processing, MQTT support for lightweight edge-to-core data transmission, a wireless manager for wireless networking configuration, and device management. Configuration just takes a few steps, allowing you to focus on your applications instead of complex integrations.
ThingsPro helps you handle the complexity and diversity that comes from combining information technology and operational technology for industrial IoT applications by offering a high-level Modbus APIs in C and Python, as well as a modern RESTful APIs for you to easily develop software applications to extend or enhance the capabilities of Moxa’s Industrial IoT gateway.
ThingsPro provides smart data acquisition, rapid development, and easy management, and is specially designed to accelerate your Industrial IoT development by simplifying deployment, helping you create a smarter field site.
ThingsPro Gateway: Intelligent Industrial IoT Gateway
- Modbus polling engine with easy-to-use web-based UI for data acquisition from end devices in an industrial automation field site
- Supports the MQTT IoT protocol to connect fieldbus data to your cloud-based IoT applications
- Built-in IoT client for popular PaaS (Platform as a Service) providers to accelerate your IoT application development, currently supports AWS IoT and Azure IoT Hub (only available in ThingsPro V2.3 and above).
- Built-in client/SDK support for online SCADA service, currently supports Sparkplug for the Ignition platform, and Wonderware Online (only available in ThingsPro V2.3 and above).
- Wireless manager handles the task of connecting your field devices to a wide area network (WAN)
- RESTful API and Modbus API for access to all the software functions of ThingsPro Gateway
ThingsPro Gateway supports the following devices by default:
Note: ThingsPro Gateway supports the listed firmware versions or higher. Only Linux Debian is supported.
E.g., the MC-1100 Series supports only Linux Debian 8. Additional series/models will be supported
as the ThingsPro Gateway is updated. Check Moxa’s website for the most up-to-date information.
ThingsPro Server: Device Management Platform
- Locate and access your devices using a map view for easy management
- Remotely perform management tasks such as firmware upgrades, configuration changes, and user-program uploads
- Management tasks can be run on demand or according to a schedule for better utilization
- Account management tool provides role-based access control
ThingsPro Server can be deployed on an AWS (Amazon Web Service) EC2 Instance. Please contact your regional sales representative for details.
Note: For more information about ThingsPro Server, please contact your regional sales representative.
(*The ThingsPro logo and ThingsPro are registered trademarks of Moxa Inc.)
How to Choose a Good Computing Platform for Your IIoT
The market today is flooded with embedded solutions for the Industrial IoT. You can now choose from a wide variety of RISC-based embedded computers, single-board computers, and development boards to implement your IIoT solutions. With single-board computers such as Raspberry Pi available for for as low as US$ 40 per board, is it a good strategy to cast your loT with these development boards? What are some of the key factors that you must consider when choosing an embedded computing solution for your industrial applications?... more
Building a Future-Proof Data Processing Solution with Intelligent IoT Gateways
To date, most discussions about the Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) have been about connecting new devices and rapidly bringing them online. In this white paper we look at the implications of bringing such a large number of devices online, namely, the need for efficient methods to collect information from these devices, and discuss how to handle the large amount of data collected from these devices.... more
IIoT Gateway Application Guidebook
Data is at the heart of the Internet of things (IoT). To make critical data-informed decisions, businesses first need to capture and collect data from all sorts of devices over the Internet before converting the data into valuable business information. Moxa has applied its rich experience in the industrial automation field to provide industrial computing solutions that integrate data acquisition and device management for large-scale, Industrial IoT applications. In this brochure, we will examine several typical applications to see how Moxa’s IIoT Gateway solutions can help businesses conquer the challenges in the Industrial IoT environments........more
To request a quote, indicate which items you are interested
in below and click "Get a Quote".
Accelerate OT-IT Integration in Your IIoT with ThingsPro® Suite
Watch this video to learn how Moxa’s ThingsPro Suite can help you simplify your large-scale IIoT deployments.
To learn more about the ThingsPro Suite, visit https://www.moxa.com/Event/industrial-computers/thingspro-data-acquisition-device-management-platform/index.htm