Berthing Aid System Uses Embedded Computers to Facilitate Vessel Speed and Distance Detection with Infrared Rays
Since international trade has become more and more prevalent and orders and ships just keep getting bigger, making timely deliveries has never been more important. For berthing and unberthing applications, sonar and radar are used to gauge a vessel's position. However, this traditional method is not accurate or reliable enough, and consequently warnings often come too late. The latest solution integrates embedded computers into the BAS (berthing aid system) to aid in the speed and distance detection of vessels using infrared rays.
• A web-based real-time berthing aid system
• Industrial-grade and wide temperature products fit for harsh environments
• Front-end data computing and storing
• DI/DO interface to connect humidity and temperature readers
In order to protect both vessels and landing docks, a real-time, efficient berthing and warning system was developed. This real-time BAS (berthing aid system) continuously detects the position of the vessels and uses embedded computers to collect and send the data pertaining to the vessel's position to a large display on the dock and to the control center simultaneously. This allows operators to manage the berthing and unberthing of the ships in a smooth and timely manner. In addition, the operators can send pre-warnings, which allow time for action to be taken before it is too late.
The latest system employs infrared rays to detect the speed and distance of the vessel and then Moxa's IA240-T embedded computer relays this information to a dock display in real-time. At the same time, the IA240-T will send this information along with humidity and temperature readings back to the control center.
• Firmware customization for greater flexibility and accommodation of our customers' needs
• Wide operating temperature (-40 to 75°C) ensures the stable and reliable operation of maritime applications
• All-in-one embedded system—only one Moxa embedded computer is needed thanks to multiple interfaces, dual LANs, 4+4 DI/DO, and 4 serial ports
Ready-to-Run Rcore Embedded Software Platform
The high reliability and stability of Moxa's embedded computers give users an extra advantage over the competition. To boost our customers' competitiveness for a faster time-to-market, Moxa is offering application developers a valuable embedded software platform. Called Rcore, this platform brings you the following hard-to-beat benefits:
• Easy to use application libraries
• Proven and bug-free sample code
• Fast concept validation and development cycle
• Consulting-level advice for application development
Rcore makes it easy for users to implement proprietary maritime applications. Protocols commonly used in the maritime industry, such as Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII, CANbus, and CANopen, are all supported by Rcore's connection libraries. Rcore's connection libraries provide programmers with a basic foundation so that programmers can spend less time here and more time on the core-development of applications.
Moxa embedded computers come ready with OS, middleware, sample codes, and development tools so that you can execute quality, professionally integrated maritime solutions with ease. Moxa provides complete solutions for the maritime industry with rugged products and free on-demand application development consultation.