Yanbu Refinery IDAS and CCTV Security System in Saudi Arabia
The Yanbu refinery plant is located close to the Red Sea. Established in 1979, it is one of four refinery plants owned by Aramco in Saudi Arabia, and mainly serves their domestic market. In 2010, the company initiated a plan to upgrade the security system at the site; the system includes both an IDAS (Intruder Detection Alarm System) and IP CCTV system.
The IDAS+CCTV system is separated into two parts: field sites plus administrative site. Analog cameras, video encoders, and IDAS sensors are installed at field sites, with analog cameras and video encoders installed at the administrative site. Video signals from the analog cameras are converted into an IP stream by Moxa's video encoders, and then transmitted back to the administrative site over optical fiber. When the IDAS system is triggered, the triggered IDAS sensor signal is collected by Moxa’s data acquisition device and the alarm signal is then actively “pushed” back to the VMS server at the administrative site.The Moxa data acquisition device will also send out CGI commands to the IP surveillance camera to direct the onsite IP camera to the triggered IDAS sensor area.
• Devices must be able to operate reliably at up to 75°C in field site cabinets located in a desert, without air conditioning.
• Since the site extends over a wide area, products must have a long MTBF and rugged design to reduce the amount of maintenance effort required.
• The system must use an open architecture and be compatible with third party VMS and SCADA/DCS systems.
• An I/O device that has a versatile combination of IO channels, an alarm system that can actively send reports, and can send CGI commands.
4-channel H.264/MJPEG industrial video encoders
- Industrial design with -40 to 75°C operating temperature
- Dual simultaneous H.264 and MJPEG video streams
- Video latency under 200 ms
- Moxa DynaStream™ function supported for network efficiency
- ONVIF supported for standardization and interoperability
- 802.1X and SSL/SSH for advanced network security
- 5-year warranty
7+3G-port Gigabit managed Ethernet switches
- -40 to 75°C operating temperature
- Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain (recovery time < 20 ms @ 250 switches),
- RSTP/STP, and MSTP for network redundancy
- TACACS+, SNMPv3, IEEE 802.1X, HTTPS, and SSH to enhance network security
- Easy network management by web browser, CLI, Telnet/serial console,
- Windows utility, and ABC-01
Ethernet Micro RTU Controller with 4 analog inputs and 12 configurable DIOs
- -40 to 75°C operating temperature
- Active communication with patented Active OPC Server
- Smart Alarm management with email, SNMP Trap, TCP, UDP, CGI commands
- Supports SNMPv1/v2c/v3 protocol
- Front-end intelligence with patented Click&Go control logic, up to 24 rules
- Using Moxa video encoders in field site cabinets reduces installation and operational costs since air conditioning is not required.
- Devices that operate without a fan or heater have a lower failure rate, resulting in reduced labor costs and less maintenance.
- Since Moxa’s video encoders support ONVIF, users can choose which VMS (Video Management Software) they would like to use.
- An IP-based CCTV system provides the flexibility needed to guarantee reduced labor and installation costs for future expansions.
- Moxa’s ioLogik E2200 series has a versatile IO combination and supports CGI commands.
- Powerful Click&Go™ technology to deliver active alarm reports and allow alarm messages to be sent by email, TCP/UDP, SMNP Trap, CGI Commands