Taipei, Taiwan, May 26, 2020—Operators are increasingly relying on the Industrial IoT (IIoT) in modern transportation systems to improve safety and reduce maintenance costs as well as enhance the overall onboard experience for passengers. This involves processing and transmitting large volumes of data generated by IIoT applications and requires high computing power and reliable wireless connectivity.
Moxa, an IRIS-certified railway communication solution provider, has launched a new series of high-performance wireless-ready railway computers, the V2406C Series. The V2406C computers are compliant with EN 50155:2017 and EN 50121-4 for railway onboard and wayside applications. Designed for heavy-duty data processing tasks, the V2406C computers are built around an Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 or Intel® Celeron® high-performance processor and come with up to 32 GB RAM, one mSATA slot, and two hot-swappable HDD/SSD for storage expansion. For reliable connectivity in train-to-ground (T2G) applications, the computers are provided with two mPCIe wireless expansion slots and four SIM-card slots. These help establish redundant LTE/Wi-Fi connectivity, ensuring solid bidirectional communications between a fast-moving train and the wayside applications. In addition, preinstalled QMA cable for wireless modules can help reduce assembly efforts and ensure low RF leakage.
For connecting with onboard and wayside systems and devices, V2406C computers are equipped with a rich set of interfaces including 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 4 RS-232/422/485 serial ports, 6 DIs, 2 DOs, and 4 USB 3.0 ports. In addition, the V2406C computers provide 1 VGA video output and 1 HDMI output with 4K resolution support.
V2406C Series Highlights
- Fanless design with metal housing
- Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 or Intel® Celeron® high-performance processor
- 2 hot-swappable 2.5-inch HDD or SSD storage expansion slots
- 1 VGA output and 1 HDMI output (4K resolution)
- 2 M12 X-coded GbE and 4 RS-232/422/485 serial ports
- 6 DIs, 2 DOs, and 4 USB 3.0 ports
- 2 mPCIe wireless expansion slots for LTE and Wi-Fi and 4 SIM slots
- Isolated M12 A-coded power connector; 24 to 110 VDC
- Compliant with the EN 50121-4 standard and all mandatory test items of the EN 50155 for onboard and wayside applications
- IEC 61373 certified for shock and vibration resistance
- -40 to 70°C (-40 to 158°F) wide-temperature models available
For additional information or to download the product datasheet, visit: https://www.moxa.com/en/products/industrial-computing/x86-computers/v2406c-series
Moxa is a leader in edge connectivity, industrial computing, and network infrastructure solutions for enabling connectivity for the Industrial Internet of Things. With over 35 years of industry experience, Moxa has connected more than 94 million devices worldwide and has a distribution and service network to serve customers in more than 85 countries.