Passenger Information Systems (PIS) are a powerful investment in the future for any current railway. Bringing increased safety, convenience, and satisfaction to every passenger, an effective PIS is a valuable investment in the future for any public transportation system, and one that guarantees a wealth of returns for decades after its deployment.
To achieve full integration of all onboard systems, train operators need an onboard controller that will report the status of train doors, HVACs, compressors, brakes, lights, and other key train infrastructure. These reports must be made in a way that helps maintenance engineers identify potential problems in a timely manner, so they not only reduce maintenance efforts, but also provide a better overall availability and higher quality of service.
In this paper, we will investigate the following topics
- Typical Scenarios when Deploying Passenger Information Systems
- Key Considerations for New Trains
- Moxa Solution Highlights for New Trains
- Key Considerations for Refurbished Trains
- Moxa Solution Highlights for Refurbished Trains