Moxa provides the following packages along with the Windows OS.
2. .Net 4.5 (Win10) and .Net 3.5 (Win7)
3. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
If you have installed a Windows OS that was not provided by Moxa, you might come across this issue with respect to the Serial Interface utility installed on your system. For example, if you have changed the serial port mode from RS-232 RS-485 2 Wires, the setting will switch back to RS-232 (default) when the computer is restarted.
If you are facing this issue, do the following:
1. Uninstall the Serial Interface utility on your computer.
2. Download and install the following 3 packages:
- .Net 4.5 (Win10) and .Net 3.5 (Win7)
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
3. Reinstall the Serial Interface utility.
4. Restart the computer