IEC 61850 Smart Substation
x86 1U 19-inch rackmount computers with 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ Celeron 1047UE 1.4GHz CPU, 2 isolated RS-232/422/485 and 10 isolated RS-485 ports, 6 LANs, VGA, mSATA, USB
x86 2U 19-inch high density 14 gigabit Ethernet rackmount computers with 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 CPU
3U 19-inch IEC 61850 native PRP/HSR computer with Intel® Celeron®, Core™ i3 or i7 CPU
IEC 61850-3 24+4G-port Layer 2 Gigabit modular managed rackmount Ethernet switches
A substation requires powerful front-end controllers in its power SCADA system to perform data acquisition, protocol conversion, and remote supervision and control, especially in an IEC-61850 substation.
The role of computers in a smart substation has expanded from merely providing computing power to more
critical roles such as analyzing, monitoring, and controlling substation processes. A comprehensive control and monitoring system in an IEC 61850 smart substation needs reliable, high-performance computers.
• A high performance solution that can enhance remote asset management and monitoring, as well as transmit various HV data workflows from the MBI and PSE platforms to a centralized SCADA system.
• Multiple gigabit Ethernet ports with flexible port configuration support to enable control and monitoring of IEDs.
Moxa's DA-720 is an IEC-61850-3, EN 60255, and IEEE 1613 compliant computer that is ideal for substation automation. Its can reduce the front-end workload of the power SCADA systems with its powerful performance.
• High performance computer with 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 or i5 CPU and up to 32 GB DDR4 memory capacity
• Compliance with IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613, and IEC 60255 standards
• Modular design with a high density of communication ports to collect data from IEDs
• Value-added ready-to-use computer with self-maintenance function
To learn more about the DA-720 computing platform, download the product brochure.