A multinational energy management system (EMS) integrator in the U.S. helped their client, a world-leading computer technology company, optimize energy efficiency in their data centers. The EMS required the collection of both power consumption and temperature data from power distribution units (PDU), so that operators could use this information to reduce energy waste and ensure suitable power distribution conditions.
- Smooth data communication from PDUs to the EMS
- Efficient configuration tools for fast deployment in large-scale applications
- Flexible wiring solution between dozens of PDUs
To develop smooth data communication between the PDUs and the EMS, our MGate MB3170 Modbus gateways were deployed to convert Modbus RTU data, collected from power meters and temperature sensors, to Modbus TCP data for easy integration into the Ethernet-based EMS. In addition, the MGate MB3170 Modbus gateways come with IT-friendly command line tools for mass configuration and Ethernet cascading that enables flexible deployment between dozens of PDUs used in the data centers.
- Modbus RTU-to-Modbus TCP conversions
- Command line tools to make mass configuration easy for IT engineers
- Ethernet cascading to simplify network topology