Brea, California, March 1, 2017—With more and more companies implementing IIoT applications, the demand to connect hundreds or thousands of devices to industrial automation systems has increased dramatically. Moxa’s DA-720, a high-performance industrial-grade x86 platform, is ideal for such applications. It is based on the lntel® 6th Gen Skylake processor and provides a high density of gigabit-Ethernet and serial ports in a 19-inch 2U rack-mountable case, making it an ideal choice for IIoT applications in power substations, railways, factories, and building automation systems.
High Flexibility for Versatile Applications
The DA-720 comes with high performance Intel® Core™ i5 or i7 CPU options that allow system designers to install the mSATA, RAM, and operating system according to their application requirements. The computer is also provided with expandable serial and Ethernet interfaces to enable easy connectivity with a multitude of field devices that have various data processing needs.
High Reliability to Ensure 24/7 Operation
Moxa’s DA-720 series rugged fanless computers are designed to operate reliably in harsh industrial environments. They have passed rigorous tests for adherence to safety standards, including continuous exposure to high voltage, power surges, and shock.
Easy Maintainability to Reduce System Downtime
Automation computers are often located at unmanned or remote sites. To ensure maximum uptime, the DA-720 supports Moxa’s Proactive Monitoring utility, which provides real-time information about the status of the computer hardware and triggers alerts based on user-defined criteria for predictive maintenance. The Smart Recovery utility allows engineers to automatically trigger OS recovery at remote locations to minimize system downtime.
DA-720 Series Rackmount Computer Highlights
- 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 or i5 CPU (Skylake)
- High I/O density: Up to 22 gigabit LAN ports + 10 serial ports, or 14 gigabit LAN ports + 18 serial ports
- 2 built-in DDR4 memory sockets with up to 32 GB capacity
- 110 to 240 VDC and 100 to 240 VAC power inputs
- 2 USB 3.0 SuperSpeed peripheral ports
- Moxa's innovative fanless heat dissipation technology
- PRP/HSR support for high network availability (available in Q3, 2017)
- Proactive Monitoring utility support for remote key-part monitoring and Ethernet-based remote alarm solution (API for easy integration)
- Fully automated OS recovery using the Smart Recovery utility
- Compliance with IEC 61850-3, IEC 60255, IEEE 1613, and EN 50121-4 standard
For more information on the DA-720 series rackmount computers or to get a quote, please visit: www.moxa.com/en/spotlight/industrial-computing/da-720-high-io-density-rackmount-computer/index.htm