Commissioned by the Taiwan Area National Freeway Bureau (TANFB), FETC (Far Eastern Electronic Toll Collection Company) designed a nationwide Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) system that allows freeway users to pay toll fees without stopping at tollgates. To collect distance-based toll charges and trip data when vehicles pass by, Moxa’s ioLogik E2212 remote I/Os are used to receive pulse signals from detection sensors which trigger the IP cameras to take snapshots of the passing vehicles within 4 milliseconds. Meanwhile, ioLogik E2210 remote I/Os are also deployed to collect condition data such as from intrusion detectors to safeguard the roadside cabinets and ensure the integrity of vital data.
To overcome the challenges of managing 325 gantries, our EDS-G308-T unmanaged switches feature 8 Gigabit ports and a -40 to 75°C operating temperature to transmit large amounts of vehicle data and snapshots smoothly in demanding outdoor environments.
- A high I/O scanning rate to capture pulse signals from detection sensors
- Simple front-end control logic for event triggering, such as camera snapshots or intrusion detection
- Large bandwidth to transfer high volumes of data and images
- Low I/O latency under 4 milliseconds for data accuracy and integrity
- Easy logic control to trigger specific events
- Gigabit bandwidth for efficient transmission of data and images