Wayside Traction Power System Management
x86 2U 19-inch high density 14 gigabit Ethernet rackmount computers with 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 CPU
A traction power substation converts the electrical power supplied by a power utility company before it is transmitted to a rail system, either through third rail systems or overhead lines. Depending on the type of the rail system, power is supplied either as direct current (DC) or alternating current (AC). Traction substations often have to meet harsher operational and stability standards as compared to power distribution substations on account of their exposure to frequent short circuits, transient spikes, and voltage fluctuations.
• An industrial-grade computer that is designed to operate in harsh environments
• A solution that provides the ability to connect to a large number of serial sensors and Ethernet devices to simplify network connectivity
The DA-720 Series computers are high-performance industrial-grade x86 platforms built for the heavy data processing needs of the IIoT. These computers are built around an lntel 6th Gen Skylake processor clocked at up to 2.6 GHz and come in an 19-inch 2U rack-mountable case. Compliance with the EN 50121-4 standard confirms that the DA-720 can deliver stable and reliable system operations in rail applications. The expandable serial interfaces (up to 18 ports) and 14 gigabit Ethernet ports (up to 22 ports) facilitate the integration of wayside systems into a single platform.
• Industrial-grade, fanless, and cableless design guarantees system longevity
• Compliance with EN 50121-4, IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613, and IEC 60255 standards
• Proactive Monitoring function in computers for effective management and maintenance
To learn more about the DA-720 computing platform, download the product brochure.