The Lithuanian road administration wanted to provide drivers with real-time road and weather condition updates on their website to improve the travel experience. To achieve this, a system integrator helped develop road condition monitoring systems across 500 stations in Lithuania. Each station had sensors and IP cameras installed at roadside cabinets.
- Connect various sensors inside space-constrained roadside cabinets
- Simple control logic to trigger alarms when needed
- Receive real-time information through cellular networks
Our OnCell 5104-HSPA cellular routers, ioLogik E2242-T remote I/Os, and NPort 5150A-T serial device servers were used to connect these field devices and transmit both sensor and image data back to traffic control center via cellular networks. Our remote I/O features a smart function called Click & Go that allows operators to set up simple control logic rules during system operation without additional programming.
For smooth data transmissions, our cellular routers support 4 Ethernet ports to get serial, I/O, and video data online and built-in dual-SIM redundancy so that operators can create a backup cellular link in case one of the telecom services becomes unavailable.
- One-stop shop for serial device servers, remote I/Os, and cellular routers
- Supports IF-THEN-ELSE control logic rules with our Click & Go function
- Dual-SIM design for cellular link redundancy by providing a backup connection when one link goes down